Sunday, November 15, 2009

I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

I have natural hair. When I took out my braids the "clunky stuff" or residue left behind from months of re-twisting (gel) and just plain old dirt are almost impossible to unlock. I have been washing, using conditioner, and even Organic Root Stimulator's Herbal Cleanse to try and gently comb out the "clunky stuff". Black women, you know what I'm talking about! But do you have a secret to recovering after braids? I'm not getting a relaxer, as I said my hair is natural, but usually this would be my solution. I've tried saturating my hair with conditioner, but that didn't help either. Neither did hair grease or Pink lotion. Help!!



I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

Try leaving in conditioner overnight and put a plastic curl cap over your head to let the conditioner set. Then in the a.m. wash out in the shower and as you are washing out the conditioner gently comb thru hair by parting and starting at the back of you head. See if that works. I hope it does. If it does then wash with shampoo and condition again and proceed to style as usual. Its great that you hair is natural I think that is beautiful!!



As you know keeping the braids in for 6 months or even one month you hair will shed heavily so if you see more hair than usual in the comb don't be alarmed its common.



I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

The only thing I can think of is calm down. Then get a gentle clarifying shampoo like paul mithcell shampoo three or nexxus aloe rid. Then take little dime sized squirts of shampoo and rub it through the dirt.



Next time you get braids make sure you wash it so things like this don't happen.



I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

You need to do a HOT oil treatment.



Then section it off. And Shampoo(clarifying or add baking soda to your reglular shampoo) it. Comb it with the shampoo still in it.



If not working,



Then DEEP condition it. And try some detangler.



I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

Girl . . . now why did you keep those braids in for 6 months! Anyway, at this point all you can do is to carefully finger comb through that build-up using some type of oil, possibly olive oil or any type like that. If you want to keep a lot of your hair, it will take time, but you can work it out. My hair is natural and I never keep braids longer than 8 weeks, usually less. So, once you finger comb and work that oil into that "gunk" it should soften a bit. Then, take a small tooth comb and easily part through that stuff. Then put conditioner in all over (A LOT!) and let it sit. At that point it should be loosened up quite a bit. Finally, comb it out carefully! Note that you will lose what looks like a lot of hair, but hair sheds naturally daily, so think of 6 months of shedding. And, next time girl, don't keep your braids in that long!



I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

I think you should go to a NICE salon and Have them fix it( maybe you should think of cutting it??)



I need help! Braids were in for six months! Can't comb through natural hair!?

i was in the same situation, but next time you get them i think it wuld be better to take them out after 4 month thats what i learned, anyways i got all the resudie out by usuing a shampp called sunsilk anti shine i garuntiee it will work and try the new herbal essenses in the blue bottle make sure its the conditioner so you can mix them up and dont worry it wont affects your hair if you mix different shampoo and condtioners, then you should just moisterize your hair daily with blue magic its in a tub and the stuff is green but the tub is clear also you can use motions at home hair lotions it a oil moisturizer and it detangles softerns and conditions hair so it will be easy to take out those nots, once you have out those nots i recommend infusium 23 origanl in a brown and white bottle spray it in your hair daily,



hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment